Wednesday, September 14, 2011

the Visigoths

10/11/401

It was my birthday and I turned 9 years old!!! I was really excited because that day was a special day for my family, since it was my birthday my mom had found wool, and she sew some beautiful coats for us to go to church! It had been two months since she had been telling me that she had a surprise for my birthday and I really looked forward to it! It was extremely hard to find wool these days. But my mom had traded our cow for a sheep and that sheep was all white and clean, so we had shaved it with my brothers and gave the wool to my mom. My daddy was not coming to church with us. Because he was really sick and he didn’t want to wear his nice coat, because he said he would make the coat sick, and every time he would wear it he would be sick all over again, or something like that. It was so exciting though!!! The other girls near my house were rich and they had lots of wool to make clothes with so they go to church often. But my mom said that wool to buy is very expensive and it’s hard to find so we didn’t go to church often. But we said our prayer to God every day and night before lunch and dinner and before we went to bed.

When we were just about to wear our coats me and my three brothers that afternoon, we heard some very weird, unusual and frightening noises outside. And my light-headed brothers immediately run outside. It was the last time I saw all three of them and I love them so much, but mommy says we will be all right. As soon as the boys had left the house my daddy cursed and cursed, he had seen it coming, we were being attacked by barbarians. Daddy got up from the bed and walked over to where I slept with my brothers and opened the secret little door we have on the floor and made me and my mommy hid inside there. We didn’t want to because we wanted daddy to hide with us but he insisted and cursed and insisted all over again. So we hid there with mommy and she cried all the way until we came out. You see, the barbarians that attacked us were kind of light-headed as well. All I know is that they failed, and they were called Visigoths. Daddy was never seen again for days and days, but one day I was running around with my friends and I had seen daddy on the floor, he was looking at me with his beautiful cold blue eyes and I sat beside him and told him the story that he always told me to go to sleep. He looked so tired, and so I put him to sleep. His eyes didn’t close though so I run home and told mommy that we needed to get daddy some eye blankets and she just cried all day and night.

No comments:

Post a Comment