Monday, September 12, 2011

9/11


9/11 A date that brought extreme pain to the hearts of millions of Americans and foreigners. From that day on everybody is aware of the fact that it could be them in that tower and it could have been their mother, their husband or their son. It could have been anyone. That’s what got through every American’s mind and millions of choices that we make every minute might cause us our lives.

Many people have memories of that special day, what they were doing when they heard those devastating news, but I have none. I have no idea what I was doing ten years ago and I didn’t even know what happened I mean, I heard about it like six years ago. I am ashamed about that but back then we didn’t know anyone that lived in America so I don’t think they told me anything. And I don’t remember that here they made a big fuss about it.

I am sure that it affected the lives of so many people positively, because it made them realize how precious each moment is and how we make our own destiny by the choices we make every day. On the other hand it affected everybody’s lives negatively because it started the war of terror which, caused the lives of so many people and the fact that there are wars going on in other countries. That shouldn’t be the case. War is an awful thing and coming from this island I am reminded about it every day.

War, terror, and fear leave behind so much hate. And the problem is that hatred and devastation is all that it brought to everyone. I don’t think it had any other positive effect rather that it made us appreciate life. Because I don’t think that people that come into power have learned from the mistakes that previous politicians and leaders have made, because they keep repeating their mistakes. The fact that the US has nuclear bombs might frighten terrorists so they don’t strike again against the US, but still is fear what we need to keep peace? I thought it was love.

Anyway, even though I don’t know much about 9/11 and even though it didn’t have an impact on my life, it was very uncomfortable to talk about this because I know that most people can connect to this date, and it brings so much sadness, and since I cannot relate to it, I am afraid that I don’t know how to respect it as much as I should.

No comments:

Post a Comment